Inverness Marina Boatyard
The marina boatyard provides boat lifting and secure hardstanding for boats up to 75 tonnes. For information our hoist dock is 6.1 metres wide. Electricity and water are available.
- All use of the boatyard is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Marina Use.
- Please book your lift ou tand re-launch with the marina office giving adequate notice. Cancellations made at short notice may be subject to a charge.
- All boat yard activities are weather dependent. Please be aware in the event that any boatyard activity being cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, it may be necessary to reschedule.
- Storage ashore will be limited to aperiod of 6months only and any extension to this term should be agreed in writing with the Marina Manager. Storage is subject to availability and preference given to annual berth holders.
- Invoices must be paid in full prior to the vessel leaving.
- Do not pour oil, oily water, paint or thinners into the drains.
- If scraping paint/anti-foul off please sheet off under your vessel and collect all scrapings for disposal.
- All vessels within the boat yard must carry appropriate insurance. Please see Terms and Conditions.
- All trailers must be locked, clearly identifiable and keys must be handed to the marina office.
- All lifting operations, chocking and shoring of vessels to be undertaken by marina staff.
- All contractors are required to have avalid ‘permit to work’ and must sign in prior to commencing work.
- Repairs of a major nature are only to be undertaken by authorised contractors.
- No ‘hotwork’ e.g. welding or grinding to be undertaken without the written permission of the marina manager.
- Please keep the area around your boat clear. All equipment/materials must be stored aboard your boat. All debris to be removed at the end of each working day.
- Do not leave detachable electronic equipment or tools aboard.
- Ladders should not be left in place when not in use and should be securely locked to your cradle.
The boatyard is an active working area. In order to protect yourself and others please work safely and observe the following safety rules:
- Power tools should be used with caution.
- Hull supports should not be moved other than by marina staff. Should you require a support to be moved please arrange this at the marina office.
- Children are not permitted to ‘play’ in the boatyard and must be supervised at all times.
- Liquid or ﬂammable material must not be stored under boats.
- Fire extinguishers are positioned around the yard. Please familiarise yourself with their locations.
- Check power cables are in good condition and of an approved type for outdoor use. Please ensure cables do not pose atrip hazard and remove all cables when not in use.
- Customers are reminded of the hazards of working at height.
- Ensure that ladders are properly secured to your boat.
- Minimise walking on deck whilst ashore.
- Where possible work from proper staging and platforms.
- Take care in wet and icy conditions.
- Ensure that windage is reduced to aminimum.
- Remove furling head sails prior to lifting.
- Remove sails, spray hoods and dodgers.
- Rest booms on deck to prevent ‘boom wobble’.
- We recommend that you unstep your mast. Owners who leave masts standing do so at their own risk.